Wednesday, September 1, 2010

(1) introduction



I'm a hypochondriac. I'm a graphic design student at san francisco state university, and I'm 24 years old. I play: the harp, the piano, the victim. Once when I was a little girl my brother Mark convinced me his name was really Dave, and I don't think I've been the same since. I'm a science geek, a religion and mythology aficionado, a history buff, and a literary snob. I sometimes try to lift things with the force. I would probably give my life for the existence of dragons (ok maybe yes, maybe no). Fears of: darkness, flying, and spiders. I dread someday encountering a combination of all three.

Six words to describe myself: intelligent, talkative, creative, flawed, indecisive, unforgettable. I am influenced by literature, mythology, and the past. I dream of a kinder world, and long talks with strangers on busses; I think we can fix the blogger "me culture," and come out with our humanity intact. I am passionate about learning, and have a thirst for discovery. Show me something new.

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." -Spock.


5 comments:

  1. I do hope that we can get out of this "me culture"with our humanity intact but I dont see that happening soon. A lot of children's TV shows seem to promote that mentality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. So far most of the blogs have been a little dry. You're a very intriguing person. I dig dragons. Spock is pretty cool. I'd love to see you and mary in a music show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spiders on a plane might be something you would most likely avoid ya? A dark theater, a wild ride in the air with rampaging spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark flying spiders sound intense. I hope I never encounter any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photographs I've always wanted to design 3-d with 2-d sketch!

    ReplyDelete